The Beginnings of NCO Guide
Founded in 1991 as The Old Soldiers Home military oriented Bulletin Board Service (BBS) as a private venture from Fort Knox, KY, my media division milMedia Group created and still operates some of the longest continuously operating web portals for military members today. I created a line of computer software specifically for soldiers in 1994 and established my first World Wide Web presence in 1997. The NCO Website later went on to become a US Army “Best Practice,” and our site was one of four sites to serve as an anchor for US military professional forums and a key plank in the US Army Knowledge Management discipline. Our founder Dan Elder was awarded a US Army Chief Information Officer/G-6 “Knowledge Management Pioneer Award” and was inducted to the US Army Sergeants Major Academy “Wall of Honor” for his contributions to noncommissioned officer education and development.
In 2008 upon my retirement from active federal service after 26-years I formed my own media and consulting firm in Bell County, Texas as Topsarge Business Solutions, LLC in Temple, TX, with a newly reorganized milMedia Group as the TBS media division where we continue to offer consulting services and create relevant print and digital content. Some of our most notable endeavors include:
- Topsarge Business Solutions – Consulting, content creation, research & analysis for the entertainment industry, journalists, authors and researchers.
- milMedia Web Design – Website design and administration, social media, web marketing and communication, cotentent management and community facilitation.
- milVet Host – Web hosting and storage, portal development, web community creation and learning management systems.
- NCOHistory.com –
- The NCO Guide – Contemporary thought and written and spoken articles through podcasts and written content.
- Central Texas Professional Development – Training, seminars, coaching and 360-degree assessment interpretation and professional development.
- NCO Historical Society – Publishing, book, blogs, articles, monographs, scripts and stories. Research and analysis, documentary, manuscripts (books, print, photo, television and movie, production), military extras. US Army noncommissioned officer and enlisted soldier expertise and authoritative consultant
TBS Consulting and milMedia Group digital continues as a unique and multidisciplinary services consulting firm service for organizations that service soldiers, veterans and their families.
Some of our Specialties include:
Some of our specialties include:
- Content Strategy
- Social Media Strategy
- Digital Content Management
- Community Management
- Social Media Community Management
- Brand Management
- Community Facilitation
- Social Media and PR Coordination
- Marketing Photography & Design
- Web Marketing
- Communication Assistance