|Update to Regular Army Reclassification Procedures for Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) 17C (Cyber Operations Specialist)
| Milper Message Number 17-058
1. This message is effective upon publication and will expire no later than 1 Jan 18.
2. MILPER Message 15-384 (Update to Regular Army Reclassification Procedures
for MOS 17C (Cyber Operations Specialist)) 2 Dec 15, is rescinded upon
publication of this message.
3. This message provides guidance for the reclassification procedures for military
occupational specialty (MOS) 17C in conjunction with the above references.
4. The Army continues to seek a limited number of highly qualified Soldiers in the
ranks of Private through Sergeant to become cyber operations specialists (MOS
17C). Cyber operations specialists execute offensive and defensive cyberspace
operations in support of the full range of military operations by enabling actions
and generating effects across all domains.
The cyber operations specialist ensures the freedom of maneuver within the
cyberspace domain and denies the same to adversaries. Cyber operations
specialists will enable offensive cyberspace operations intended to project power
by the application of force in and through cyberspace by targeting enemy and
hostile adversary activities and capabilities.
Cyber operations specialists also enable defensive cyberspace operations in order
to protect data, networks, net-centric capabilities and other designated systems by
detecting, identifying and responding to attacks against friendly networks.
5. U.S. Army Human Resources Command (HRC) is accepting voluntary
reclassification requests into MOS 17C from Soldiers meeting the following
prerequisites for reclassification:
a. Must be a Sergeant or below.
b. Must be eligible for retention and reclassification in accordance with references
A, B and C above. Applicants should submit their application packet for approval
to Director, Office Chief of Cyber, U.S. Army Cyber School, Fort Gordon, GA
c. All Soldiers must meet the following qualifications:
(1) Physical demand rating of moderate (Gold).
(2) Meet the physical requirements of MOS 17C in accordance with reference C
(3) Normal color vision.
------- Download MILPER Message 17-058 for more information -------
Update to Reclassification Procedures for Military Occupational Specialty
(MOS) 17C (Cyber Operations Specialist)
Army NCO Counseling Pack All in one Updated March 2017
Counseling Soldiers has always been a challenge for new Noncommissioned
Officers so our team of NCOs has created over 60 Counseling Statement
Examples with updated forms and regulations to provide all NCOs the best
resource needed to produce clean and to the point counseling statements.
Product features include:
- Over 60 Counseling Statement Examples in PDF Format
- Free Quarterly Updates sent to you by Email
- 24/7 Support via Email and Live Chat
- Download to your Smart Phone or Tablet so you can work anywhere
- Includes the Army Legal Handbook, Senior NCO and NCOER Guides
- Money Back Guarantee
New Product Sale $9.99 (Retail $59.99)
Time remaining to Order at sale price
Late For Duty
Under Age Drinking
Failure to Report
Diagnostic APFT Failure
Low APFT Score Prior to WLC
Overweight Prior to WLC
Failure to Conduct Risk Assessment
Disobeying an Order
Drunk on Duty
Letter of Reprimand
Negligent Weapons Discharge
Improper Use of Prescription Drugs
Off Limits Areas
No Contact Order
Family Care Plan
Initial Counseling PVT-SPC
Loss Military Property
Lost Military ID Card
Bar To Reenlist
Government Travel Card
Initial Family Care Plan
Invalid Family Care Plan
NCO Quarterly Counseling
AWOL Letter Home
AWOL Point Paper
GT Score Improvement
Off Duty Employment
Good Job Counseling
Good Conduct Medal Not Approved
Failure to Follow the Chain of Command
Includes the following Counseling Examples: