Custom Search
This is not a government sponsored website Privacy and disclaimer

Question: Explain the conversion of Classroom, Clock, Contact Hours (CH) and Quarter Hours (QH)

Answer: For every 15 classroom, clock or contact hours, Soldiers will be awarded promotion points equivalent to 1 semester hour (1 point).
For every 1.5 Quarter hours, Soldiers will be awarded promotion points equivalent to 1 semester hour (1 point). For example, if a Soldier
earns 312 clock hours, award 20 promotion points (312 divided by 15). For 28 Quarter hours, award 18 promotion points (28 divided by 1.5).

Question: The new policy states that Soldiers get 10 points for 1/1 on DLPT but it's not clear to me if a Soldier has multiple languages, do
they get additional points?

Answer: No, Soldiers will not receive additional promotion points for multiple DLPT’s. The maximum points earned for this is 10.

Question: How is civilian education verified with transcripts?

Answer: All civilian education must be accredited. Once the education center or BDE/BN S1 validates the school/transcript the Soldier may
add subsequent course points/hours for that institution. If audited, Soldiers must produce source documents. S1’s are responsible for
ensuring accreditation by using the following websites: or Soldiers
currently enrolled in a college/university are required to provide a single transcript from their current college/university consolidating all past
civilian education. Soldiers that have multiple transcripts who are not currently enrolled in a college/university may take these transcripts and
grade slips to the local education center for assistance. The local education center will provide only an assessment of the total number of
non-duplicated postsecondary credit for submission to the unit as the source document to update eMILPO/personnel records with the total
number of credit hours. The total number of credits an accredited institution grants towards a degree will be the basis for granting promotion

Question: Can we accept student copies of college transcripts for verification of promotion points?
Answer: Yes.

Question: I have had some Soldiers that have taken and completed some FEMA courses on line and have a certificate for them. What I
don't know is are they Military or Civilian ED, and how do you add them to your records?
Answer: FEMA courses are not valid for awarding promotion points under military education or civilian education. Although Soldiers
completed the courses online and are awarded a certificate, it is not a TRADOC approved course and is not listed in AR 350-1.

Question: What is the policy for receiving promotion points for Technical Certifications?

Answer: 10 promotion points are granted for each TRADOC-approved technical/industry/ professional certification earned, not to exceed
award for five certifications or 50 promotion points. Recertification will not result in duplicate award of promotion points. Below is a link to the
promotion's website that lists TRADOC approved technical certifications: Points are
awarded under civilian education.

Question: Do Soldiers receive promotion points for a CEU?

Answer: No. CEU is not authorized for promotion points.

Adding/Updating Promotion Points
APFT and Physical Profiles Updated 13 June 2011
Army Correspondence Course Program (ACCP)
Audits for promotion packets Updated 13 June 2011
Awards and Certificates of Achievement (COAs)
Civilian Education and Certifications
Command List Integration or Automatic List Integration
Promotion Counseling and Deployments
Flags and Removal from Promotion Standing List
Meeting Cutoff Scores and Promotion Orders
Military Training and Certifications
Army Promotion Boards Updated 13 June 2011
Promotion Packets and Reports
Source Documents for Points
Weapons Qualification
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter